Sunday, November 21, 2010

Oh, Harry...

So, I am beginning to realize that when you start a blog you have so many things you want to write about, it’s hard to choose what to write in each entry! I have been contemplating on what tonight's blog should be about all weekend.  On one hand, I realized I have not devoted a blog to wonderful fiancé Aaron, so thought about devoting this one to him. Then I thought about other activities that occurred this weekend that I also wanted to write about.  I finally narrowed it down to one activity in particular that my dear sister Kana and I encountered together. So, I am sorry Aaron, but your own blog will have to wait, because this blog is devoted to another man who has been a part of my life for a long time...Harry Potter.


Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, I am not ashamed to admit it.  I love Harry Potter.  Call me a dork, but I don't care.  I was introduced to HP about six years ago and pretty much been obsessed since then.  I have experienced so much fun and excitement reading and re-reading the series of books. I loved how my imagination was taken on a wild ride with each page I turned.  I loved it when a book was released and I would read for about 48 hours straight because I couldn't put the book down!  


We all know the movies are not as good as the books, but Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 was pretty close! I absolutely loved the movie! I wasn't a big fan of the movie HP and the Half Blood Prince, so I was little nervous of what the director had up his sleeves for this movie. At the end of the movie all I could say was Wow! The entire two and half hours I sat in my chair, in a packed movie theater, in shear awe and amazement.  There were so many scenes in the movie that were very similar to how I imagined them in my head.  Isn't that such a treat when the picture in your head is how others see it too? I have to admit there were times I was nervous and scared for the characters, as if I didn't know what was going to happen to them! Yes, there were scenes in the movie that were not in the book, or times the movie didn't portray a scene correctly. But overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my night watching HP.  Thanks to my awesome non -HP fan sister, Kana for agreeing to go with me! 


The final chapter of Harry Potter is coming to theaters this summer.  HP and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 is coming out on July 15, 2011.  Well, I will be on a cruise headed to Egypt, Turkey and Israel at that time.  Are there movie theaters on cruise ships? Maybe Aaron and I will make a pit stop in some foreign country to enjoy the final chapter of the beloved story of Harry Potter.

                                                    In London at Platform 9 3/4

                                    Midnight Deathly Hallows Release at Books a Million



                                          Midnight showing of the Order of the Phoenix

                                                                           New York
                                                               Daniel Radcliffe in person!
                                                Harry Potter snowglobe from Aaron

1 comment:

  1. Lindsey, you are just too cute... maybe I need to get into HP, I feel like I'm missing out on something!

    ReplyDelete