Monday, November 15, 2010

Two Friends Growing Up

My senior year of high school I was chosen to attend Presidential Classroom in Washington, DC.  It was a weekend long conference focusing on the world of politics with hundreds of students from all around the world. So there I was the only person from the state of Alabama . I was fasinated with people of various cultures and traditions and all they kept wanting me to do was talk for them to hear my accent "one more time" . Who knew I would meet one of the best friends I have ever had. 


Robert and I met in the middle of the week at P.C.. Instantly we knew, we were as different as night and day. Robert was from New Jersey and I was a southern girl brought up in the Bible belt. Yet, some how our frienship clicked.  After our week in D.C. we kept in contact through cell phone conversations and instant messaging.  When my family planned a road trip to New York that summer after my graduation we arranged to visit Robert and his family in NJ. I now have made countless visits to NJ and NYC to visit Robert and his wonderful family.  I even convinced him to fly to Alabama and stay for a week! We have so many funny and memorable memories from our adventures together and I am so grateful for them.


Well, I received a text from Robert this week saying he and his beautiful fiance Stephanie have set a date for their wedding.  I teased Robert that he would get married before me, but he totally proved me wrong.  They have set their date for March 24, 2012 in New Jersey.  Since there is no way Aaron and I are waiting that long, looks like I'll be the first one to say "I do". 


My friendship with Robert is truly unqiue.  He definantly added the gift of true friendship in my life of Love and Laughter!




                                                         At Presidential Classroom
                                             Us with two of our good friends while at P.C.
Our traditional visit to the Today Show. All of our trips to the city included this stop.

                                         The Jersey Boardwalk.  Kana came with me on this trip.
                         My latest trip to the city to see Robert.  I finally was able to meet Stephanie!


                                         Robert's family: His dad, mom, grandmother and grandfather.  What an  inviting and wonderful family I am blessed to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment